- Armortek weighs 6 times less than wire.
- Armortek is rated at 70 percent stronger than wire.
- Armortek floats, wire doesn't.
- Armortek is coated to prevent abrasion.
- You don't have to worry about wire splinters.
- No strength loss when overlapped on winch drum.
- Unlike wire, Armortek will not whiplash if broken.
- Armortek comes pre-stretched and heat set.
- Armortek is available in a number of lengths.
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase into 3 payments, over 3 months with no sign-up fees or late fees.
- Choose Paypal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- Remaining payments are taking automtically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Over the years we have seen a number of Synthetic Rope brands come onto the market. Many of these were cheaply manufactured and failed after only a few pulls. Some were of a fantastic quality but were priced at a level which was not viable for the majority of users. This left our customers with a choice of either poor quality or huge expense.....with Armortek this decision is a thing of the past!!
Armortek synthetic winch ropes are manufactured using high strength light weight fibre which is subjected to a specifically created stretching process. Following this procedure the rope is treated with a special (and Armortek Exclusive) abrasion resistant coating to ensure maximum pulling and outstanding endurance. In addition to the the rope also goes through a UV stabilisation process designed to give the rope a long and safe working life.
Not affected by oil or water, Armortek is excellent in dry, wet, cold or humid conditions and stretches very little when used under load - with only 3-4% movement at breaking strain. This makes this rope very safe to use as it stores little energy - resulting in less severe lash backs in the unlikely event of a break.
Armortek Breaking Loads:
6mm - 4 704 kg
9.5mm - 10 871 kg
11mm - 13 697 kg
12mm - 16 245 kg
14mm - 18 775kg
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of information relating to this product, in the interest of technical improvement this specification may be altered without notice.